Chrome Version: (56.0.2924.76 (Official Build) (64-bit)
What steps will reproduce the problem?
(1) Go to any site that accesses the camera (eg: https://qix.github.io/webcam-slitscan/)
(2) Pick "Allow" when asked for camera pemission
(3) Close the tab
(4) Go to the site again
What is the expected result?
Chrome should ask the user for permission to use te camera
What happens instead?
Chrome doesn't ask and the camera is used automatically
Going into settings the options are
1. Ask when a site requires access to your camera
2. Do not allow sites to access your camera
It does NOT say
1. Ask and forever give permission to access your camera from this site.
I want it to do what it says in settings which is to ask "Ask when a site requires access to your camera" not ask only the first time. Otherwise a site asks once, say for a simple demo, now that site can turn on my camera from every page on that site at anytime. That's a huge privacy issue. It happened to me to today. I visited a site I had not visited in years, it started using my camera WITHOUT ASKING FOR PERMISSION. I had no warning and no opportunity to say no. I was not in a presentable state.
Sure it makes sense for hangouts because hangouts is trustworthy. I know it won't turn my camera on unless I initiate a video hangout but the rest of the internet is not that trustworthy, not asking for permission each time seems like a really bad idea.