We have too many reload behaviors...
Reload is used by users who want to see the latest content of a page. This means a regular load, like same URL navigation and pull to refresh ( issue 558829 ) instead of a forced reload where we revalidate all the things (rather inefficient).
To be modified:
- Simple click on the Reload button*
- F5, Ctrl-R, Command-R
- Reload option available from Reload's Context menu when DevTools is opened
*: on Android, the Reload button is the only option a user has to fix a broken page load. So, we might need to first provide a hard reload option before modifying its behavior. I'll open a different bug.
Not relevant for this bug (Hard reloads):
- Ctrl/Shift + Click on the reload button
- Ctrl+Shift+R, Command+Shift+R
- Hard reload options available from Reload's Context menu when DevTools is opened
Since this touches UI, I'll reach out to the UX team.